CHIEF, INFORMATION OFFICER – CHIEF TECHNOLOGY OFFICER
GLOBAL MANAGEMENT | IT STRATEGY | SOLUTIONS ARCHITECTURE
Accomplished Information Technology executive with extensive experience in defining IT strategies and building and leading top teams to implement effective global, multi-million-dollar programs. Specializes in optimizing performance, analyzing and resolving technical issues, and executing critical strategic initiatives for various industries. Entrepreneurial, business-centric thinker with in-depth knowledge of information systems to design complex business solutions resulting in significant costs savings and increased productivity. Exceptional communicator and team motivator with the ability to facilitate executive communications and manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders across the business and technical functions. Trusted technology advisor to investors and VC’s with focus on customer mindset.
Areas Of Expertise
|§ Operations Management
§ Digital Media
§ Analysis, Strategic Planning
§ Cost/Benefit Analysis
§ Enterprise/Cloud/Mobile Applications
|§ Global IT Leadership
§ Process Improvements
§ Complex Solutions Design
§ Budgeting & Management
§ SOX, ISO, SAS70 Compliance
§ Change Management
|§ Strategic Initiatives
§ Diverse Information Systems
§ Team Communications
§ IT Governance
§ Project Management
- A strategic and analytical leader with strong general business savvy capable of assessing an organization’s business mission, market, operational priorities and needs while implementing appropriate cost control to core systems.
- Lead IT planning process, ensuring sound business cases and analyzing essential business needs that support, improve and transform business strategy, processes, communication and operations.
- Leadership for organizational change and transformation, developing highly efficient and effective teams leveraging and delivering technology to maximize corporate competitiveness and keep pace with the overall growth of the business.
- Develop the overall information vision, strategy, and processes for the enterprise, including policy and guidelines to achieve internal/external compliance and operational stability/delivery.
Co-Founder at CareRelay.com - LifeCare Portal Inc
January 2017 - Present
- Created LifeCare Portal to more transparently and proactively distribute the role of the primary caregiver to a team of loved ones whom all have a shared connection with a loved one and all have share-in interest in his or her wellbeing as they #AgeInPlace.
- Microsoft Bizspark Plus
- HiPPA compliant
- Web Portal and Mobile iOS, PWA App- Blockchain developed solutions
- Microsoft Azure PaaS, MS Stack, Angular.js, Node.js, Mobile, NoSQL, Big Data
- Chatbots, AI, IoT and Machine Learning, blockchain HyperLedger
- HealthCare 2.0 Launched Beta April 2018
Interim CTO at Mapan - PT Ruma
June 2017 - March 2018
- Mapan - PT Ruma is e-commerce subsidiary recently acquired by Go-Jek.com.
- Lead ERP and WMS selection
- Team size 10 DevOps 60 Development engineers and supporting staff
- SAP integration
- Middleware operational system (WMS, TMS, CRM, RMA, Final Mile)
- Google Cloud Platform design and Migration
- DevOps optimization
- Technology Stack, Python, Golang, Postgres, MySQL, Native Android, Rabbit MQ
Interim Chief Technology Officer at Westpole Capital Inc
April 2016 - June 2017
Fintech Solution http://assuraxe.com
- Family office advisory role for technology Fintech Solution
- Provide solution inception, design, project and budget creation, technology and team selection.
- Assists CEO with fundraising and strategy, direct product features and road mapping.
- Be the voice of the technology.
- Help build, manage, and validate Tech Roadmap.
- Architect provides solution inception, design.
- Sets the tone, best practices, strategy for technical operations - architecture, scaling.
- Blockchain developed solutions
- Microsoft Azure PaaS, MS Stack, Angular.js, Node.js, Mobile, NoSQL, Big Data
- Blockchain ethereum
- Makes the final tech decisions, on the best advice of the best engineers.
Chief Digital Technology Officer at Anthem Media Group Inc. & Sygnus Digital Solutions
September 2013 - March 2016
Establish solutions to increase digital revenue, consumer conversion and change management to digital business.
Manage social networks, schedule messages and measure ROI right from the analytics dashboard.
- Manage and measure email results, integrate with brand index and fan engagement. API to all major social platforms.
- Senior project manager for digital over the top broadcast and engagement business
- Designed and built Video CMS for control of digital properties, integration of analytic and MCC system into the websites and apps.
- Apps for iOS, Android, AppleTV, FireTV and Xbox for the various channels.
- Recreated marketing automation solution “MCC marketing control centre” for sports and entertainment to drive fan engagement across the channels.
- Designed and built new version in HTML5 and Java Spring front-end, simplifying front use on Oracle11 DB.
- Re-architected server configuration on AWS and Private Hosting Data Servers.
- Created PMI standards and PM server for managing new development and reporting.
- Reorganized onshore and offshore teams for more accountability and higher
- Part of the M&A team that acquired value add games and services. A new startup focused on fan engagement including sports and gambling related gaming sites.
- Created custom data analytics dashboard that gathers data from the disparate source.
iHORSE TECHNOLOGIES, New York, NY 2011 – 2014
Chief Information and Managing Director North America
Directed technology decisions as contract CIO / CTO for clients and supported change management relating to solution upgrades for an onshore/offshore development company providing consulting and development services to “Start-Up, Re-Starts and established solution companies.
- Functioned as Senior Project Manager, ensuring a high level of accountability and on-time delivery, and as a business consultant and executive project manager to clients.
- Directly involved in technology road mapping for the start-ups, restarts, and turn-around.
- Business development and marketing initiatives with a mandate of the rapid growth of sales and services.
- Projects included Big Data, Advanced Analytics, Complex API integrations, Mobile and E-commerce.
- Managed teams of 200 developers and project lead both on and offshore.
- Strategized the MVP approach, taking the product quickly to the market
- Developed products and technology for clients
- On boarded client on MS Bizspark and Azure Cloud and promoted to Bizspark Plus
- Advisor and co-founder of Launch180.com start-up accelerator.
- Direct involvement on technology platforms such as .Net, Oracle, Java, LAMP, CouchDB, C#, Nodejs.
STEELMAN SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS, Toronto, ON 2002 – 2011
Chief Information Officer and Managing Director
Launched channel reseller programs and strategic alliances in Asia, Latin America and Europe
and successfully grew sales from 0 to $10M in first two years for a global ERP of vertical applications designed specifically to meet needs of manufacturers/suppliers of steel and metals.
- Executive Project Manager for client initiatives managed teams of 40-60 consultants and supported the client with change management and process engineering optimization.
- Designed and Developed metal vertical ERP solution.
- Architecting and built MES and WMS for optimization of metal manufacturing and distribution.
- Designed API for integration with other client systems
- Designed and built BI dashboards and tools for analytics of enterprise data.
- Managed large-scale projects of up for public companies, SOX compliance and teams of 65+.
- Board member of Steel Industry System Association published numerous articles.
RADIO BEACON Warehouse Management Systems, Toronto, ON 1995 – 2002
VP Professional Services and VAR Channel Development
Launched channel reseller programs and strategic alliances in USA, Canada and Australia and completed over 150 projects. Worked with clients on process optimization and change management. Reduce implementations from months to days. Wrote specification and worked on product development design.
Education & Select Certifications
Bachelor of Arts & Science (FAS), Business and Computer Sciences
INNIS COLLEGE, UNIVERSITY of TORONTO
Microsoft Bizspark Partner, MS Xbox Developer, Unity Developer, VMware Certified Professional, ASC – ACCPAC Certified Consultant MCSE,
Oracle Certified Professional, PMP - Project Manager Professional, UCA,
Certified Novell Administrator, MCP - Microsoft Certified Professional, HCP First Aid
DIGITAL PUBLISHING AND DYNAMIC INTEGRATION (#EP 1097422 A1), 1999
Citizenship and Security
Canadian and American Citizen
USA Confidential Level
- Sarbanes Oxley Compliance
- SAS 70
- HIPPA Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
- ISO 9000 quality management compliance
- Confidential Security Clearance (Inactive SSA US Gov)
- Emergency Medical First Responder
- Incubes (Startup Mentor) - 2010 – Present
- Launch180.com co-founder of accelerator - 2011 - Present
- Canadian Ski Patrol System (Medic First Responder) - 2011 - Present
- Zareinu School for Special Needs Children Moveathon executive staff for event - 1997/2004
- SISA Steel Industry Software Association Board Member - 2004/2007
- Co-chairman of Charity Golf Classic for my community - 1999/2004
LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/danielbrody
Personal Blog, including articles, case studies, and sample projects: http://brody.ca/
Launch180 Accelerator http://www.launch180.com/