Yom Shore Ventures LLC
Principal Consulting CTO • Remote • Jan, 2022 — Present
Are you seeking a highly experienced and results-driven Principal Consulting CTO to join your team. A successful candidate leveraging two decades of C-level expertise in building robust product ecosystems and managing the demands of aggressive business scale-up toward a series of standalone engagements. As a domain expert in the global area of products that engage customers, I will provide expertise in the gambling, healthtech, fintech, software, manufacturing, and supply chain industries.
Chief Technology Officer & VP iGaming • Las Vegas, NV • May, 2021 — March, 2023
- Led the successful launch of a new Free-to-Play subscription site and a pay-to-play online igaming casino, achieving a complete financial turnaround within 4 months.
- Built and managed a 25-person team, cultivating a collaborative and innovative culture centered around excellence, iteration, and innovation.
- Strengthened relationships with 9+ vendors, managing the integration of multiple vendors with diverse products and skill sets to deliver a fully integrated and tested Gaming system on schedule and under budget.
- Introduced new financial monitoring and compliance system, cutting associated costs by 30% annually.
- Collaborated effectively with cross-functional teams, including marketing, operations, and finance, to develop and implement strategic plans that aligned with business objectives and priorities.
- Proactively identified areas for improvement and optimized processes to increase efficiency, reduce risk, and drive revenue growth.
- Championed engineering philosophy and values, emphasizing systems and technologies that are simple, performant, and optimized for their given task.
- Maintained a hands-on approach when necessary, leading by example and demonstrating a high energy level and the ability to get "hands-on" if needed.
CHIEF PRODUCT OFFICER AND CHIEF TECHNOLOGY OFFICER • Toronto, ON • Jan, 2017 — November, 2021
- Conceptualized, developed, and launched a comprehensive suite of new caregiver tools that successfully addressed a significant gap in the healthcare industry, improving patient outcomes and satisfaction.
- Managed all aspects of product development and solution architecting, from ideation to release. Led cross-functional teams of 25+ engineers both onshore and offshore to deliver on time and within budget.
- Ensured compliance with stringent data privacy and security regulations such as PCI, PIPEDA, HIPAA, and HITECH, resulting in major compliance wins and customer trust.
- Leveraged analytical tools and techniques to make data-driven decisions that optimized product development and enhanced the user experience.
- Championed the adoption of Agile methodologies.
- Built a strong culture of innovation, collaboration, and excellence within the engineering team.
ELS Gaming — Contract
Interim Chief Technology Officer • Portland, OR • May, 2020 — May, 2021
- Successfully spearheaded strategic marketing automation efforts that drove $2M/month handle in the Oregon region by implementing cutting-edge Agile and Scrum methodologies to optimize team workflows and delivery timelines.
- Led and managed a globally dispersed engineering workforce, ensuring effective communication, collaboration, and timely delivery of high-quality products.
- Effectively implemented performance metrics to measure the impact of marketing automation efforts and informed future strategy decisions based on data analysis.
Mapan - Go-Jek — Contract
Interim Chief Technology Officer • Jakarta, Indonesia • June, 2017 — June, 2018
- Successfully managed a team of 80 DevOps and development engineers through a complex change management process, including the selection of ERP and WMS systems.
- Led a seamless migration to Google Cloud platform, resulting in significant cost savings and improved operational efficiency.
- Demonstrated expertise in payments, consulting, Agile methodologies, private equity, and mergers & acquisitions (M&A).
- Leveraged software development life cycle (SDLC) and strategic partnerships to drive business transformation.
- Built strong vendor relationships, managed staff development, and provided effective team leadership.
- Prioritized user experience (UX) and managed end-to-end product development through project management.
Westpole Capital Inc. — Contract
Interim Chief Technology Officer • Toronto, ON • April, 2016 — June, 2017
- Spearheaded fundraising and strategy initiatives in partnership with CEO.
- Architected and managed the technology roadmap for custom FinTech solutions, utilizing Hyper-ledger blockchain and integration with Northern Trust, State Street, and Bloomberg Terminals.
- Managed software development life cycle (SDLC) and vendor relationships for product development.
- Collaborated closely with board members to ensure product alignment with company goals.
- Oversaw user experience (UX) design and project management.
Anthem Media Group Inc.
Chief Digital Technology Officer • New York, NY • September, 2013 — March, 2016
- Supported transition from analog to digital streaming for OTT channels and successfully established new digital revenue and customer conversion models.
- Designed and built Video CMS for control of digital properties and integrated key analytic and MCC systems into websites and apps.
- Guided reorg of onshore and offshore teams for greater accountability and efficiency.
- Served as trusted part of M&A team acquiring new games and services.
Chief Technology and Managing Director of North America • New York, NY • May, 2011 — September, 2013
- Managed CIO/CTO-level affairs on behalf of clients and guide large-scale solution upgrades. Managed startup, restart and turnaround situations. Big data, advanced analytics, API integrations, mobile and ecommerce. Grew onshore/offshore hybrid team to over 200 staff.
- Exited Selling the company
Steelman Software Solutions Inc.
Chief Product Officer and Managing Director • Toronto, ON • June, 2002 — May, 2010
- Drove sustained double-digit year-over-year growth by developing and launching new channel reseller programs and establishing strategic alliances across Asia, Latin America, and Europe.
- Spearheaded creating and implementation of a global ERP solution for steel and metal manufacturers, achieving over $10M in annual sales within two years.
- Led the company's transition to the Oracle SaaS platform, designing APIs for integration and developing BI dashboards and tools.
- Utilized business management, product management, and marketing strategy expertise to guide cross-functional teams through the software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Successfully managed vendor relationships and teams, including staff development and supply chain management, resulting in successful project delivery and execution.
VP Professional Services and VAR Channel Development • Toronto, ON • August, 1995 — May, 2002
- Led and managed multiple global teams and projects while ensuring successful project delivery.
- Developed and nurtured strategic partnerships with major ERP and MES vendors resulting in successful integrations.
- Successfully integrated and implemented WMS with various Tier One and Two ERP solutions, increasing efficiency and profitability.
- Contributed to the company's successful sales by providing strategic direction and valuable insights to the executive leadership team.• Led and managed multiple global teams and projects while ensuring successful project delivery. • Developed and nurtured strategic partnerships with major ERP and MES vendors resulting in successful integrations. • Successfully integrated and implemented WMS with various Tier One and Two ERP solutions, increasing efficiency and profitability. • Contributed to the company's successful sales by providing strategic direction and valuable insights to the executive leadership team.
US CA2336715A1 • Issued Jul 7, 1999
An electronic library system comprising an electronic bookstore storing a multiplicity of electronic books, and a plurality of personal electronic libraries associated with a corresponding plurality of workstations, each individual personal electronic library comprising a library builder operative to download selected ones from among the multiplicity of electronic books in the electronic bookstore into the individual personal electronic library, and a library research engine operative to search a plurality of books in the individual personal electronic library.
US US20190065029A1 • Aug 25, 2017
A method and system of assembling, framing, searching, and filtering icon-based communications operating over a network of users organized into groups, with icon-based databases relating in hierarchies established by user groups and icons associated with communications as metadata.
University of Toronto, Faculty of Arts and Science
Bachelor of Arts • 1984 — 1987
As a student at the University of Toronto's Faculty of Arts and Science, I completed a Bachelor of Arts degree program. During my time at the university, I engaged in a broad range of courses that allowed me to explore a variety of subjects and fields of study. I also participated in extracurricular activities, such as clubs and volunteer work, which helped me develop important skills such as leadership, teamwork, and communication. My university experience provided me with a strong foundation of knowledge and skills that I have been able to build upon throughout my professional career.
Ernest J. Simmons
CFO, SuperDraft Inc • 2023
He is a competent chief technology officer, capable of conceptualizing effective and efficient automated systems and solutions at minimum costs. He proved this during my patent with at Superdraft, Inc. by designing and building a new system for the iGaming space. He works well with vendors, as demonstrated by numerous partners he managed in developing an iGaming system that required the inclusion and integration of multiple vendors with diverse products and skill sets. He delivered a fully integrated and tested iGmaing system on schedule and under budget, that will be commercially rolled-out when state regulatory issues permit.
CICCP, Steel Root • 2022
I have collaborated with Dan over a period of two years while we built out an effective and secure CDN and enterprise scale business management platform - Dan has proven to be a knowledgeable and reliable partner who is not afraid to get his hands 'dirty' in the tech while also being able to clearly develop, communicate, and deliver effective business strategies that can ensure a mission's success. I highly recommend Dan as an effective CTO who can help you leverage emerging technology to enhance your businesses' success.
Head of Esports and Gaming, Digital Payments • 2021
I had the chance to collaborate with Dan over few months in the iGaming industry, and on top of being a fantastic customer and a knowledgeable partner, he has supported from day one a complex FinTech integration. Being diligent in the gambling vertical is a mission Dan managed to be from the beginning, and despite all the regulations and up-and-down logistics, he succeed to provide to us all the elements leading to an easy onboarding, not only from an operation role. A massive thank you for the time we shared together.
VP of Engineering, CareRelay • 2019
Dan is a global CTO and CPO whom I have had the privilege of working for on many projects. He looks to leverage every bit out of technology to create world-leading products for B2B and B2C customers. He is committed to team and culter building that spans culters and location. He brings his many years and industry experience to find creative and cost-effective ways to solve issues and scale solutions. I would work for Dan on any project, and I recommend him if you are looking for a business and product CTO to scale your company.
VP Operation, Anthem Sports & Entertainment • 2015
I have worked with Dan for 3 years.. he has always been very professional and has great knowledge of the industry. He has always delivered on time and on budget and I would recommend him for any project.
President and Chief Operating Officer, ELS Gaming • 2018
Daniel is a well-versed, patient yet extremely passionate C-leader for early to mid-stage companies. He's not a typical CTO/CIO in the sense that his experienced Operations and Sales background gives him rounded perspective on guiding a companies technical vision. He's customer and revenue first, yet has a long view on the technical decisions needed in cadence with. He's diligent in his leadership and decision making from architecture through to UX, and I've firsthand witnessed his "tech" pass the pressure tests of massive scale, as well as succesful M&A due diligence; two important phases of every company's growth. Dan is a good partner both internally and externally, and an asset to any team.